Most Fire Emblem games are known for offering quite a lot of content, so you might say we have some fairly high expectations after today's announcement, as Intelligent Systems has revealed that Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will have a season pass that costs £39.99. You might call that expensive, as the game itself costs £32, but the developer tries to justify the price by giving us five expansions in it, which are as follows:
• Fledgling Warriors Pack: Will be available on launch day, May 19. They say it'll be ideal for gamers who are in the early to middle stage of the story (shocker), and that it'll include a new dungeon called The Astral Temple. We'll also get two new battle maps - one ideal for gaining more silver coins, and another ideal for earning experience points.
• Undaunted Heroes Pack: Launches on May 25. This will also include a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum) and two new battle maps. The first map is suited for players who wants an extra challenge and want to earn more experience points, while the other will be great for getting more gold.
• Lost Altars Pack: Also launches on May 25 and will let us upgrade characters to stronger exclusive classes that don't appear in the main game.
• Rise of the Deliverance Pack: Will be the first story-centric expansion and will arrive on June 1. Here, we'll get to play what is described as a prologue where we learn more about how Deliverance took control of Zofia. Fear not. We're not just talking cutscenes here. The prologue will take us through a new collection of challenging maps that includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the chance to play as a new character.
• Cipher Companions Pack: Is the only expansion we don't have a date for. All they want to tell us about it right now is that it'll let us recruit new heroes from the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher.
Do you think it'll be worth the cost, or is this too much for a handheld game?